Our client, Monacellars Wine & Spirits, are a proud family owned and operated liquor wholesaler/retailer. Founded in 1991 by the Monacella Family, Monacellars have a range of more than 7,000 products and service over 700 liquor and coffee customers throughout Gippsland and greater Victoria.
Monacellars are currently seeking an experienced Transport and Logistics Manager to manage and oversee their daily operations, logistics, transportation at both warehouse sites and provide strong leadership, coaching and mentoring to the operations and warehouse teams.
Why work for Monacellars Wine & Spirits?
- Monacellars are an established, family-owned and operated business since 1991
- Competitive salary package on offer
- Company Vehicle supplied
- Staff discounts
- Onsite parking available
- Great team culture
- In-house barista training included with free Lavazza coffee available to staff!
Ideally you will be living in the Gippsland region reporting to the Managing Director and you will manage and direct the daily operations of all the transportation and logistics activities for both warehouse sites so that people and equipment are employed efficiently, and the warehousing and distribution activities are performed safely, accurately and in accordance with customer requirements. You will be responsible for the operations financial targets, a visible leader and key to implementing cultural change, operational excellence, continuous improvements, and constant employee engagement.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and coordinate activities day-to-day/month-to-month to achieve results and standards expected
- Ensure available resources are used effectively across the business
- Take initiative to identify growth opportunities and innovative new ways of doing business
- Provide direct leadership to effectively deploy innovative practices and technologies leading to significant growth
- Ensure systems are used and people are trained to achieve the highest standards of safety and operational excellence
- Contribute to improvement of systems, processes and standards, and to sustainability in safety and environmental performance
- Maximise profitability through leading the day-to-day performance of an end-to-end work or operational process
- Develop and implement action plans (e.g., facility/equipment improvements) designed to improve warehouse productivity/quality.
- Conduct daily reviews of warehouse operations to ensure efficient systems and practices are implemented
- You have an engaging leadership style and a can-do attitude, lead, coach and develop all members in the facilities under your control
- Drive a ‘customer first’ and ‘continuous improvement’ culture
- Read customer situations accurately, anticipate their business needs and identify opportunities to significantly enhance the breadth and quality of the service experience
- Maintains the physical condition of their department to reflect cleanliness, efficiency and organization
- Complete accountability for Stock levels, Stocktake, Stock movement/transfers, Integrity, and audit outcomes
- OHS compliance is maintained and there are no reasonably avoidable incidents.
- Minimum 5 years' experience as a Transport and Logistics Manager is preferred with Warehouse Manager or equivalent at a senior level is essential
- Sound technical knowledge and experience in warehouse planning
- Passionate about improving our customer propositions through operational excellence combined with technology enablement
- Experience in problem solving & analytical skills
- Have a keen enthusiasm for continuous improvements
- Be a self -starter with a strong sense of urgency
- Have sound Business & Financial acumen
- Have experience in inventory management and stock control
- Solid knowledge & experience driving and managing process improvement and continuous improvement
- Solid experience in Performance Management & development of employees with proven mentoring and coaching experience
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint and working with a CRM and ERP would be an advantage
- Forklift and Truck licence
- Tertiary qualification in Transport, Logistics and or Warehouse management or another related field