Our client is a highly respected not-for-profit organisation located in the Hawthorn area, providing supported employment services to those living with a disability.
They are currently seeking a Workplace Training and Support Officer to join their team, and provide assistance to employees living with a disability, training them on day-to-day tasks, behaviours, and skills.
- Working towards maximising employees' full potential/performance by assisting in the development and implementation of training.
- Participating within a team with Workplace Training, Workplace Support, and Operational staff to place employees into appropriate tasks each day.
- Assisting in the development and delivery of 'off the job' training as required.
- Liaising with key stakeholders regarding support and case management services, such as parents/caregivers, care coordinators.
- Delivering one-on-one or small group based informal and formal training.
- Acting as Operations Supervisor across all departments when required.
- Working with the Senior Trainer in the allocation of jobs to maximise training opportunities for employees.
Experience and skills:
- Experience or aptitude in working with people with disabilities is desirable.
- Experienced in workplace training (highly regarded).
- Experience training people in co-ordinating multiple manufacturing/packaging processes.
- Demonstrated experience in 'hands-on' management.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and record keeping.
- Previous experience in Disability Services and/or the not for profit sector will be well regarded.
Knowledge and skills:
- A degree in Psychology or demonstrated experience working with people who are living with a disability.
- A certificate in training would be looked upon favourably.
- Practical knowledge of continuous improvement principles and quality assurance systems.
- Demonstrated understanding and practical application of WH&S legislative requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to interact within a team environment.
- Ability to use basic information technology.
- Current Level 2 First aid qualifications (or willingness to undertake).
If you take pride in the work you do every day, and want to make a difference then we want to talk to you! Please click APPLY now and send through your resume and cover letter outlining relevant experience. Or if you would like some further information please call Ashleigh Nicholls on 9535 9500.