An outstanding opportunity is on offer to join a highly respected leader in the disability services sector. Our client prides themselves on being a values-based company who provide trustworthy, caring, respectful and supportive services to people living with a disability.
Their services include employment, independent living, community integration, education, leisure, and recreation.
In this newly created fulltime position, you will report to the General Manager Quality Safeguards & Practice. You will exercise a degree of autonomy in controlling projects and programs by providing leadership, motivating and supporting staff to focus on continuous quality improvement.
About the role
- The Quality Improvement Lead will ensure our client exceeds relevant service standards and strengthens their improvement culture.
- The position provides expert quality improvement advice and drives internal audit and external review processes.
- In the position you will be required to set priorities, plan, and organise your own work and that of a team of quality champions made up of clients, staff, and managers. This includes responsibilities to coach, mentor and establish the most appropriate operational methods when conducting programs of internal and external audits.
- In addition you will possess exceptional interpersonal skills required to gain the co-operation of people being supported and staff to participate in quality improvement projects and functions.
- Attractive salary packaging including benefits associated with not-for-profits.
- A great working environment as part of a passionate and dedicated Quality, Safeguards and Practice team.
- Training and professional development.
- Some work from home may be possible.
- The option to work permanent full time 5 days a week or 4 days a week is on offer for the right candidate.
- The opportunity to use your skills to make a real difference in people’s lives.
- An organisation with a strong person-centred history and commitment to innovation and growth
- First and foremost, you are a people person with a passion for doing things better, and an ambition to make a real difference.
- You will have Tertiary qualifications with relevant quality and/or auditing qualifications at a Diploma level or above ideally working in the Aged Care, Disability, Health or Commercial sectors.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a quality management and/or advisory role with experience of internal auditing, continuous improvement, and maintenance of certification against recognised standards.
- You have demonstrated ability and experience to drive change through a functional role (without line management responsibility), with the capacity to engage teams across an organisation and foster a culture of continuous quality improvement.
- You have experience in project management and delivery with demonstrated ability to lead and collaborate with others to achieve business objectives and outcomes.
- You have experience in coordinating quality assessments and preparation of documentation for accreditation pertaining to the implementation of applicable standards, legislations, regulations, and codes of practice.
- Understanding and specialist knowledge of NDIS Practice and Disability Services
- Comprehension of Standards, ISO 9001: 2015 QMS, Food Safety & HACCP, Victorian Child Safe Standards, and Bus Safety Regulations & Compliance. Willingness to learn new Standards and their requirements
- You must have a WWC Card and undergo a Police Check
- Current Victorian Drivers Licence and own vehicle
If you are interested in the fantastic opportunity, please APPLY NOW and send a copy of your resume together with a covering letter outlining your relevant experience or for a confidential discussion please call Veronica Steinicke on (03) 9535 9500.