Our client is a highly respected global manufacturing company who supply to the building industry and are currently searching for a Production Supervisor to join their team at their manufacturing plant in the Moorabbin area.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Production Supervisor will be responsible for leading and supervising the factory and team to achieve production volume, program, quality and overheads at a performance as required to ensure a quality product is achieved every time in a safe manner.
Core duties include:
- Implementing policies, plans and procedures
- including communicating and setting objectives, planning, organising, staffing and team engagement, directing, controlling and co-ordinating
- Ensuring that all projects are completed in accordance with the production program.
- Purchasing of goods and services for production within the guidelines set by management and maintain stock control of consumables.
- Maintaining a good level of morale through effective leadership, communication and interpersonal relationship skills.
Skills and core requirements:
- Proven success in a senior operational / supervisory role.
- Experience within a lean manufacturing environment.
- Excellent engagement and commercial skills.
- Management experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment (preferably timber and/or steel building products).
- Strong experience in OHS systems and strong computer (ERP) skills.
- You will have demonstrated leadership skills, with a focus on coaching and developing the team to be the best they can be
What's in it for you:
In return you will enjoy working for an innovative and progressive organisation offering an attractive remuneration package and ongoing professional development opportunities.
If this sounds like the role for you, please click APPLY now and send through your resume and cover letter outlining relevant experience. Or you would like some further information please call Ashleigh Nicholls on 9535 9500.