An outstanding opportunity is on offer to join a this highly respected global manufacturer and put your proven HR Generalist skills to the test. This newly created role has come about as a result of consistent growth of the NZ business. The organisation is a leader in their sector and have won numerous awards for their innovation and offer a great Team culture.
Reporting to the General Manager - New Zealand, with a dotted reporting line into the Vice President HR in Australia, you will operate within a fast paced environment servicing a complex matrix structured organisation, with stakeholders in multiple business units. With a continuous improvement mindset and strong commercial acumen, you are committed to your customers, happy to go the extra mile and are always acting as a true partner and trusted advisor.
- Ideally you will have broad HR generalist skills and IR knowledge;
- Will be able to interpret and apply relevant employment legislation and CEA industrial instruments;
- An ability to advise and coach leaders on complex employee relations matters, particularly in regards to performance management;
- Will lead investigations, alongside leaders, relating to employment matters including bullying, harassment, discrimination, non-work related injuries and theft;
- Support recruitment, selection and workforce planning;
- Inspire performance and build leadership capability through effective coaching and succession planning;
- Develop employee engagement, diversity and inclusion actions;
- Design and manage people metrics to enable valuable insights to drive decision making;
- Undertake a key role in integrations post M&A activities.
You will be experienced working within operational environments, supporting both unionised and non-unionised workforces, along with a strong knowledge of New Zealand employment practices. You bring a critical thinking mindset and the courage, and credibility, to proactively advise, guide, influence, and challenge our line managers in a constructive manner.
What's on offer?
- Opportunity to work for a large successful global organisation;
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program for all employees;
- Ongoing learning and development to meet your professional development needs and career development opportunities;
- A supportive and accessible leadership team and a solid values platform that underpins who they are and how they operate.
If this sounds like the role for you, please click APPLY now and send through your resume and cover letter outlining relevant experience. Or if you would like some further information please call Belinda Wiggins on 61 3 9535 9500.