An exceptional opportunity is on offer for an experienced General / Operations Manager to join a highly respected disability services organisation who aim to provide the highest quality of service to the people they support. One of the many services they provide is Supported Employment through their Industry division which provides meaningful work in an enabling environment that supports people to achieve their true potential. This is achieved through their commercial operations serving business customer needs across production (assembly, sorting, packing, manufacturing), vertically integrated warehouse and supply chain management, as well as a commercial printing division.
Reporting to the COO, you will be responsible for the effective management and growth of the Industry Division, Governance, Leadership, Business Development & Financial Sustainability, Service Delivery & Outcomes, Marketing & Stakeholders. Promoting a culture of innovation, accountability and values-based practice; and leading operational teams in the delivery of safe, high quality, person-centred services that deliver meaningful outcomes to people with disability, their families and communities.
Core duties include:
- Ensure compliance with the organisation's QMS, ISO 9001-2008, the NDIS Practice Standards and statutory and contractual obligations including Work Health & Safety requirements
- Oversight of robust operational systems including stock movement, inventory, and financial transactions
- Set business and financial annual targets and team performance measures, in consultation with the COO
- Submit regular reports to COO and relevant Board sub-Committees regarding operational and business activity, outcomes, and financial position against targets, analysis of variance and forecasted position
- Model a culture of collaboration, participation and respect, encourage learning and continuous improvement, and build an engaged and motivated workforce
- Oversee the supported employees' wage assessment tool processes and employment conditions, in partnership with Manager People & Culture
- Support Business Development Managers to research and identify new business activities/ventures to increase profitability and enhance employment opportunities for people with disability
- Identify and develop partners and networks to support growth and expansion, including government, commercial operations and industry groups
- Develop business cases/feasibility studies for growth and expansion, in collaboration with the Chief Operations Officer
- Contribute to the promotion of the organisation's brand value and Marketing plan
- Oversee the implementation of approved new businesses
- Work collaboratively with the COO and support the accounts team to effectively manage budget, including invoicing and proactive debt management
- Lead the team's transformation from traditional to contemporary model of employment support
- Keep up to date with changes in the supported employment sector through networks, industry forums and policy publications and make recommendations on future positioning of the organisation
Skills and core requirements:
- A recognised tertiary qualification in a Business/Marketing discipline
- Significant and diverse experience and success in production, Operations areas and Third Party Logistics
- Minimum 5 years' senior management experience in a similar environment
- Experience starting up new businesses/projects and increasing sales, profit margins and customer base
- Understanding of ISO or similar quality accreditation and experience leading teams through accreditation/audit processes
- Demonstrated business acumen, planning skills and the ability to deliver performance targets and overcome challenges
- Excellent verbal and written communications, planning and time management skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, and proven ability to engage and communicate with a diverse stakeholder base to gain the support and involvement of individuals and organisations to further the interests and corporate goals
- Outstanding leadership skills and proven ability to create effective teams to maximize the productive ability of individuals while maintaining a focus on team outcomes and organisational objectives to deliver high quality service and outcomes
- A commitment to being a change agent with a successful track record of initiating, implementing and managing change
- Proven high level of marketing skills at a strategic level through to operational application and success
- Current full Victorian Driver's Licence.
In return you will enjoy working for a values driven organisation who offer an environment that allows all team members to be open, flexible and responsive to new ideas and ways of working and actively supportive of each other with respect to achieving the best outcomes for their participants.
If you are interested in the exciting and challenging career opportunity, please APPLY NOW and send a copy of your resume together with a covering letter outlining your relevant experience or for a confidential discussion please call Belinda Wiggins on 9535 9500.