Upper Murray Family Care (UMFC) is a leading regional Not-For-Profit organisation with a proud history spanning over 40 years, providing a range of services and programs designed to strengthen, nurture and care for the children and families within their community including the North East of Victoria, and the Southern Riverina of New South Wales. They are an independent, non-government, community managed agency offering a range of quality services that are responsive to the varying needs of the communities they serve.
Due to the retirement of their current long-standing CEO, we are seeking a passionate, engaging and people oriented leader who embodies the UMFC values of Participation, Respect, Excellence, Justice and Honesty. Based in the beautiful region of Albury Wodonga and reporting to an independent board of management you will be responsible for providing executive and strategic leadership and will oversee the day-to-day operations and financial management of the business and will be instrumental in delivering the vision and strategic direction of this financially sound organisation.
- Providing leadership and managing the culture to ensure the organisation's strategic goals are achieved
- Overseeing all operations, finance and ICT
- Ensuring all operations and activities are compliant with relevant legislative frameworks and ensuring good governance
- Lead and promote a culture of child safety and relevant cultural connection for all children
- Board reporting and preparation of strategic plans, business plans and budgets
- Operating effectively in a complex and dynamic funding environment
- Risk Management
- Stakeholder engagement, ability to network and provide external advocacy on behalf of the agency
- Overseeing Workplace Health and Safety (WHS)
Essential to the role:
- Degree qualifications and ideally post Graduate studies such as an MBA
- Proven experience in either a CEO or a senior management role within the community services sector
- Superior leadership skills and an ability to communicate the vision and values of the organisation
- Highly developed emotional intelligence and exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- A strong sector passion and understanding of contemporary issues facing community services within an NFP in a regional community
- Commercial acumen and proven ability to grow an organisation within a complex funding environment
- Ability to successfully and beneficially advocate on behalf of the Agency and manage the interests of multiple stakeholders
- A continuous improvement mindset
You will enjoy working for an amazing purpose driven organisation who truly value their people and will have the support of a great Team and Board of management. An excellent remuneration package is on offer and the chance to make a real difference to children and families within the local community.
If you are interested in this exceptional opportunity, please APPLY NOW and send through your resume with a covering letter outlining relevant past experience against the core requirements of the role. Or for a confidential discussion please call Belinda Wiggins at Becks Wiggins Stokes on (03) 9535 9500