An exceptional opportunity is on offer for an experienced Business Development Manager to join this innovative, privately owned company who provide end-to-end solutions in the retail technology space. Working across Australia and New Zealand, this company is continuing their successful growth period and are looking for a Business Development Manager who can lead their existing team through the next stage of business growth.
Reporting to and working closely with the Directors, it is essential that you have strong and demonstrated leadership abilities underpinned with significant success in the retail sector. The role will require you to open doors to C level executives around Australia. You must have experience in the retail and at least 5 years' experience in a similar business development role. You will have a proven track record and reputation to match. You'll be very strong in building solutions for clients and then demonstrating the value proposition.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Driving sales volumes and achieving set targets
- Lead new business drives
- Building new relationships through effective use of technology and sales skills
- Creating sales proposals presentations and participate in sales discussions
- Using consultative selling techniques to develop customised solutions for clients
- Building and develop strong relationships with stakeholders
- Negotiating and closing major deals
- Retaining and developing a stable of key accounts
- Analysing and accurately presenting sales reports and budgets
- Strategic analysis of markets and industry drivers to factor into future plans
What you bring with you:
- Intelligence and the ability to focus
- Proven new business development experience and attaining quantifiable results
- Willingness to learn and develop new sales techniques as the situation demands
- Confidence in presenting in person or online and willingness to undergo media and presentation training to improve
- Self motivated, driven, high energy levels
- Proven track record as the highest of high performers
- Ability to relate to team members, suppliers and clients at all levels
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills with a flair for sales
- Solid analytical skills and business acumen to understand and make commercial decisions
- Ability to work autonomously, organise, plan and manage time effectively
In return you will be joining an innovative company who is embarking on their next chapter of growth and gaining the satisfaction of being a leader to a high performing team supporting them on their journey. Working with us, you'll be keen to join a small but growing entrepreneurial organisation and have your opinions heard. We offer a supportive culture and an attractive remuneration and commission package that rewards your skills and efforts.
You will be given autonomy to play an integral part of this company's success working close to home in the Eastern suburbs and receiving a competitive salary & commissions. If this sounds like the role for you please apply immediately. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Belinda Wiggins on 03 9535 9500.