An exciting opportunity is on offer to join this highly respected global manufacturer and put your proven Operational Management abilities to the test. Due to consistent growth our client is seeking to appoint an experienced Operations Manager to join their team in the Moorabbin area.
Reporting to the National Operations Manager you will be responsible for managing the operations of the manufacturing processes. This includes developing and implementing processes for operations by formulating policies, planning resources and meeting performance objectives aligned to the business plan.
- Coaching and developing the team to ensure achievement of the business objectives and key performance indicators.
- Developing and implementing a manufacturing strategy to improve efficiency and reduce the manufacturing cost structure.
- Continuously research best practice methods of manufacturing techniques.
- Develop and implement standard operating procedures (SOP's) and establish pricing points for each product type.
- Research, evaluate, and implement latest technology, machinery and equipment into SOP's.
- Review financial results monthly and work with the key stakeholders in each branch to develop and implement a plan to improve the results for financial KPI's.
- Assisting with the implementation of an ERP system.
What you bring:
- Experience working in a high volume / fast paced lean manufacturing environment.
- A degree in engineering or business is ideally sought.
- Leadership experience and ability to develop a team through performance planning, performance reviews, development plans, coaching and one on one reviews.
- Demonstrate OHS Leadership at all times with a strong knowledge of OHS systems and implementation.
- Knowledge of production systems and good manufacturing practises.
- Effective in building partnerships and working relationships (internal and external).
What's in it for you:
In return you will enjoy working for an innovative and progressive organisation offering an attractive remuneration package and ongoing professional development opportunities.
If this sounds like the role for you, please click APPLY now and send through your resume and cover letter outlining relevant experience. Or you would like some further information please call Belinda Wiggins on 9535 9500.