An exciting opportunity exists for a Trade/sales assistant to start immediately for one of our clients who specialise in supplying to the building industry. This role offers you a friendly and rewarding work environment, no weekend hours and all training is included.
As the sales assistant, you will be working in on the show room floor and be responsible for managing incoming customer queries via telephone, emails and face-face for walk-in clients. My client is looking for a motivated salesperson who understands the importance of customer service.
If you dont have any experience and want to learn then a full traineeship is on offer for this role.
On a day-to-day basis, your duties will cover:
- Handling face to face, general telephone and customer service enquiries, including quotations.
- Ad-hoc administration duties as required.
- Processing sales orders
- Maintenance of stock
- Maintenance of product pricing
- Lifting items when required
What is in it for you:
- Opportunity to advance within the company
- Base salary plus attractive commission package
- Training provided
- No weekend hours
- Friendly and rewarding work environment
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Customer service or sales background would be highly regarded
- A knowledge of the construction industry would be advantageous
- The ability to negotiate and close a sale
- Must be proficient in Microsoft suit like excel and word
- The ability to multi-task and prioritise workloads
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills
- Forklift license (not essential)
- Cash handling skills
Both honesty and a great work ethic are important in this role to promote workplace harmony. You must be goal orientated towards individual and team targets set for the store. Bonuses are awarded when targets are achieved.
If this sounds like the role for you, please click APPLY now and send through your resume and cover letter outlining relevant experience. Or you would like some further information please call Ashleigh Nicholls or Veronique Battour on 9535 9500.