Our client is a highly successful land development consultancy with over 35 years' experience in the field. Working with a broad range of clients ranging from small subdivisions for individuals through to major development companies and local governments, and covering core regional areas in Victoria.
They are currently seeking to appoint an experienced full-time Senior Surveyor to join their development team, located in the North/Western suburbs with regular travel to site.
- Undertake the coordination and management of all surveying activities for client projects
- Undertaking cadastral calculations and layout designs, and the processing of cadastral and digital survey data under the supervision of Licensed Surveyors
- Work within a Surveying Team to ensure all work is understood and performed effectively
- Provide supervision, guidance and mentoring of survey staff when required, to ensure a safe execution of field and office survey work
- Assist Licensed Surveyors and Engineering Managers with both office and field-based drafting and surveying projects
- Prepare accurate Surveying cost estimates and monitor the finances of the projects
- Adherence to the company's QA (ISO 9001) and OHS systems, procedures and requirements and compliance with all Company Policies, including daily Timesheet preparation.
What you bring:
- Highly motived and proactive attitude with a keen eye for detail
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to foster healthy working relationships with colleagues and customer, generating repeat business
- A creative thinker with problem solving abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Skills and Qualifications:
- A minimum of 5-10 years' experience as a Surveyor
- Tertiary qualifications in Surveying
- Minimum 5 years' membership of a recognised Surveying association
- An understanding of the land development industry and processes
- Demonstrated experience in the management and supervision of staff
- A current Australian Driver's license
- Cadastral license (desirable)
In return you will enjoy working for a progressive and supportive Team located close to home in the North / West Suburbs of Melbourne. Ongoing mentoring, flexibility, working from home options, subscription fees and continuing professional development activities are on offer.
If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity, please APPLY NOW and send through a cover letter and resume. Or for a confidential enquiry please contact Belinda Wiggins at Becks Wiggins Stokes Recruitment on 03 9535 9500.
Please note we also have several other Surveying opportunities on offer in the South Eastern Suburbs if this location works better for you.