We currently have an exciting position responsible for the provision of an experienced Senior/Support Coordinator for a well establisged disability services organisation in the Clayton area. Our client is seeking a broadly experienced candidate with a strong case management background that is able to resolve any NDIS issues.
The key responsibilities of the role will be to:
- Case management of staff activities so that services are flexible and responsive to individual needs
- Provide supervision and support to fellow Case Managers team members
- Maintain effective relationships with the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA)
- Provide regular reports to the General Manager
- Maintain a case load of Case Manager participants
- Support the implementation of the supports articulated in the participants NDIS plan
In addition, the successful candidate will present with the following:
- Demonstrated experience providing support coordination to participants and families.
- Knowledge and understanding of the NDIS and experience in using a range of community-based supports and approaches to achieve participant goals
- Case management or support coordinator experience
- An understanding of the National Disability Insurance Scheme
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of contacts
- Tertiary qualifications in relevant field
- Experience in leading a team
- Excellent organisational skills including the ability to undertake numerous tasks concurrently, establish priorities and to work to tight or competing deadlines
- Demonstrated high level of initiative
- Well-developed written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Satisfactory Police Check and Working with Children's Check
Previous experience in a disability sector will be highly regarded. What will set you apart is your comfort in working in a busy environment, your ability to use your initiative and ability to manage your workload. The role is currently working from the office and possibly some flexibility to work remotely. This role is available for an immediate start.
For further information please contact Steven Meates or Leon Cutler on 9535 9500 or apply now.