Senior Education & Training Officer
Come and join a leader in community services who prides themselves in supporting people and families in Victoria and Tasmania for over 100 years. As a Senior Education & Training Officer you will ensure the successful blended delivery of training and assessment functions in Alcohol & Other Drug programs, using resources and initiatives which contribute to the prevention and reduction of drug and mental health related harms. This position reports directly to the Manager of the Registered Training Organisation (RTO) & Workforce Development for all training schedules, delivery, and assessment structures.
Core duties include:
- Uphold a high standard of quality training and assessment within all of the organisation's courses.
- Ensure that the training and assessment processes and systems are compliant with the VET Quality Framework.
- Manage the transition from superseded Training Packages within 12 months of their publication on the National Register.
- Manage transition from expired accredited courses so that it delivers only currently accredited courses.
- Ensure the organisation recognises the qualifications and statements of attainment issued by any other Australian Registered Training Organisation.
- Ensure the organisation has a fair and accessible approach to Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and all students are given the opportunity to apply for RPL upon enrolment.
- Ensure the organisation consults effectively with industry in relation to all courses on its Scope of Registration.
- Maintain learning and assessment materials through annual validation sessions.
- Ensure the organisation complies with all legislative requirements, obligations, and contractual commitments as well as its own policies and procedures.
- Ensure the organisation conducts internal audits against the RTO Standards and government funding contracts at least annually.
- Ensure ASQA is notified of any significant changes to Uniting RTO's control, management, WH&S officer for Coburg office.
Skills and core requirements:
- Current TAE40116 in Training & Assessment or above.
- Current First Aid HLTAID011 & CPR HLTAID009.
- Hold current Certificate IV in CHCAOD qualifications or higher.
- Have at least 3 - 5 years working in the AOD field work is essential.
- Knowledge and application of LMS software, including Microsoft Office.
- Qualifications or professional development in mental health provision of services preferred but not essential.
In return you will enjoy working for an organisation that has a proud history of supporting local communities within Victoria and Tasmania for over the last 100 years.
If this is the role for you, please click APPLY now and send through your resume and cover letter outlining your relevant experience. Or you if would like some further information please call Lesley Weymouth-Wilson on 9535 9500.