A great part time opportunity exists for you to join a highly respected chartered practice with a focus on working within the superannuation funds sector. Being flexible and adopting new ways of working, this role can be done remotely, or as a hybrid via the office in Melbourne. The role is ideally part-time, 3 of 4 days per week, but with capacity and flexibility to work extra for quarterly and annual reporting.
Your experience in superannuation / APRA regulated funds will include:
- Provision of accounting and reporting services to a portfolio of funds
- Preparation of annual statutory financial reports
- Preparation and lodgement of quarterly and annual APRA returns
- Preparation of financial statements and ASIC forms
- Year-end reporting matters, including annual timetables & resolving auditor queries
- Preparation of monthly or quarterly management accounts
- Preparation of annual budgets and reporting results to budgets
- Monitoring a fund's reserves and providing customised reporting
- Assisting management with day to day financial matters, ad-hoc questions and general advice
- Preparation and lodgement of tax returns
- Preparation and lodgement of activity statements
- Assisting clients with the tax aspects of unit pricing
- Tax advice on a range of issues, such as investment products and restructures, domestic and foreign losses, FITOs, propagation, the AMIT regime, CGT roll-over relief and deferred tax asset caps
This role is hands-on and best suited to a candidate that likes working autonomously, but with supervision and review. The role is client facing so the written and verbal communication skills need to be outstanding. You will be CA qualified, available to start a new role quickly as this will be an initial contract period of 6-9 months, but with potential to extend that for the right person, working 3 to 4 days. We are offering a significantly above market pro-rata salary package to attract superior talent for this position. Please apply online, or call Leon Cutler at Becks Wiggins Stokes om 9535 9500.