You will be working for a membership-based organisation that plays a key role in influencing policy and direction in the health sector. In this fast-paced policy officer role you will be building awareness and working collaboratively with other agencies to drive high quality advocacy and research activity.
The Policy officer will be responsible for the following key responsibilities.
- Preparing responses and submissions to the governments and other relevant enquiries
- Provide policy support to Faculties, Sections and Working Groups and attend relevant committee meetings.
- Reviewing, monitoring, and evaluating the implementation of policy
- Monitoring relevant health issues and legislation, undertaking appropriate research and analysis to ensure update to date policy information.
- Liaising with media and communications staff to facilitate preparation of media releases and other media activity.
- Preparing submissions, reports, factsheets, and other policy correspondence
- Collaborating and building partnerships with relevant organisations and individuals
As the successful candidate you will present with exceptional interpersonal skills to liaise with an array of external and internal stakeholders. You will demonstrate knowledge and understanding of policy development and a high attention to detail. You will also present with well-developed research skills, and the ability to assimilate information quickly and articulate recommendations in a concise manner. Essential for this role is prior experience gained in a similar role where you have had to develop reports, submissions, and policy documents.
Ideally you will have completed a tertiary qualification in an appropriate health, social science, or research discipline. Please note prior experience gained working in the mental health sector will be looked upon favourable. For further information please contact Veronique Battour on 03 95359500 or apply now!