National Manager People Outdoors and Great Getaways
If you are seeking purpose and delivery in your next career, this newly created role, People Outdoors and Great Getaways, National Manager, provides the opportunity to utilise your broad experience and exceptional skillsets to make a great impact in providing positive community, social and personal outcomes for young people and adults with disabilities across Australia.
The head office is in Victoria, however, the position of the National Manager can be based interstate.
We are seeking an experienced Program Manager to further develop and deliver quality recreational outdoor programs nationally, reporting directly to the CEO of Australian Camps Association. This position will be responsible for the leadership and management of a small team, with plans to grow in line with the growth of quality recreational outdoor adventure programs.
The role requires the coordination of all technical, operational, performance and reporting aspects for the outdoor adventure programs for the highly respected organisation, People Outdoors, and Great Getaways, a branch operated by Australian Camps Association, and to maintain the highest levels of risk governance, performance, and oversight to ensure the program quality and conduct, and to deliver positive community, social and personal outcomes.
Key responsibilities will include:
- To manage the implementation of key aspects of the strategic and operating plans to meet performance targets
- Introduce and maintain customer service levels to meet benchmarks
- Stakeholder engagement, building strong partnerships and collaboration
- Identifying and researching opportunities to grow sustainable programs
- Design and introduce effective business development, marketing, and communication strategies
- Design and implement an annual fundraising strategy, identifying and sourcing appropriate grant funding from government and philanthropic sources
- Financial reporting and budgets and oversight of HR functions
- Oversee all audits and reporting, and the annual accreditation renewals
- Ensure the overall integrity and high standards of the programs to meet required risk governance standards, with NDIS experience preferred
- Promote continuous improvement and innovation in delivering programs
- Board reporting and presentations as required
- Representing the “for purpose’’ organisation at promotional and industry forums
- Demonstrated integrity and leadership in successfully delivering programs
- Highly organised, proactive person, with attention to detail, and high-level interpersonal skills
- Very strong and proven business development and program management skills, including the ability to deliver and meet strict deadlines for reporting
- Proven experience of program management and methodologies
- Demonstrated financial acumen and customer service experience
- Expertise in managing, high profile, and high budget programs with experience in grants and compliance reporting and audits
- Excellent people skills with proven ability to influence and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to produce clear written program documentation, reports, and presentation skills
- Qualifications and certification in program management or related, is desirable
- Current and valid Working with Children Check, and NDIS Screening Check are essential
- Accessibility and inclusion experience and expertise advantageous
- The head office is in Victoria, however, the National Manager role can based interstate