Our client is a well-known Independent School steeped in tradition and values, located in the Inner East of Melbourne. This role is all encompassing, leading the Human Resources function across P to 12, being both strategic and tactical in your approach. This newly created position is initially an engagement on a temporary/contractor basis, with a view to permanency for the right person.
Your key responsibilities include
- Establishing the HR function, driving process improvements and key initiatives to achieve the School's Strategic Plan
- Developing and maintaining all HR policies and procedures ensuing best practice
- Collaborating across with all members of the Leadership Team, all staff and the wider school community
- Developing and maintaining all HR policies and procedures
- Implementing strategies to be an Employer of Choice
- Leading staff recruitment, selection and onboarding
- Coordinating all performance evaluation and management
- Managing all ongoing eLearning training modules and support the Director of Risk
- Identifying and implementing best practice initiatives in staff wellbeing
- Assessing State and Federal legislative changes in relation to IR and Award changes
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
- A tertiary qualification in Human Resources and relevant industry experience
- Proven ability in attracting and developing a high-performance team
- Prior experience overseeing and managing the OH&S function ideal but not essential
- High level attention to detail, effective time management and prioritisation skills
- A strong generalist HR skill set and a hands-on approach
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to foster strong stakeholder relationships
- The ability to lead and support change management processes
- A proven track record of implementing and delivering strategic HR initiatives
This position is newly created and will provide you with the opportunity to have impact and create an HR function that will support the ongoing growth agenda of this organisation.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity please APPLY NOW and send through a cover letter and resume. Or for a confidential enquiry please contact Leon Cutler at Becks Wiggins Stokes Recruitment on 03 9535 9500 or 0427 344 206. As this role is to start ASAP on a temporary basis with the view to permanent, we will be moving quickly on this role so please do not delay your application.