Our client is a highly respected not for profit organisation located in the North Eastern suburbs of Melbourne. Established for more than a century, they provide independent living, assisted living and aged care services. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer they are seeking for a stand-alone Human Resources Business Partner to lead the function across the organisation. The position works closely with the senior management team to deliver on operational and strategic objectives. The role ensures people and culture capability through provision of a range of services, activities and advice covering workforce planning, employee relations, recruitment and retention, performance management, industrial relations, compliance, training and development and team wellbeing.
- Manage and implement the people strategy & related organisational objectives
- Develop, implement and maintain people and culture systems, policies and processes which ensure compliance
- Provide advice, guidance and support in relation to employee and IR matters
- Manage the employee engagement process - recruitment, retention, induction & development
- Maintain employee records ensuring all are current and in accordance with legislative requirements
- Identifying, developing and implementing HR strategies & policies to implement HR 'best practice'
- Attend and participate and be an active member in the Senior Management Team meetings
- Oversee and contribute to building partnerships with supervisors to coach, mentor a
- Explore in consultation with leaders, innovative and contemporary human resource leadership strategies
- Provide high level, timely and professional advice to Managers in interpreting and implementing HR policy a
- Coach supervisors in difficult conversations and performance management
- Interpret and implement Award and contractual requirements and relevant Acts, Regulations & Awards
- Assisting with the co-ordination of documentation and induction/onboarding of new staff
- Extensive experience in a similar role, as a senior HR Advisor or recent Manager
- Well-developed computer skills including the MS Office suite
- Working knowledge of payroll, HRIS and accounting systems will be viewed favourably
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to engage with internal and external stakeholders
- Previous experience with Awards & EBAs for effectve interpretation and compliance
- Experience in an aged care, health or not-for-profit organisation is ideal
In return you will enjoy working for a organisation that welcomes diversity and provides benefits such as salary packaging. If this role is of interest to you, please click APPLY now and send through your resume and cover letter outlining your relevant experience. This role is ideally 5 days per week however, applications for 4 days per week will be absolutely considered. If you would like some further information please call Leon Cutler on 9535 9500 or 0427 344 206.