An exciting opportunity is on offer to join this highly respected and trusted organisation who have been providing quality support to people living with a disability for over 50 years. As the General Manager People, Learning & Culture you will be part of the Executive Management team and will be responsible for the delivery of strategic and operational people, learning & culture services across the organisation.
Reporting to the CEO and with the support of a small HR Team you will enjoy a broad and hands-on role and will contribute significantly to maintaining a positive and engaged workforce.
Core duties include:
- Provide expert operational and strategic advice and support regarding industrial relations, employee relations, workforce planning, learning and development, workforce culture and compliance.
- Provide leadership and contribute to the development of organisational strategic planning processes.
- Develop business plans for People, Learning & Culture and Volunteers.
- Participate in all Executive meetings in a positive and pro-active manner.
- Develop and manage all operations in line with the strategic plan to achieve approved objectives within the set budget.
- Create and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders and partners while keeping a client focussed service culture.
- Manage and report on any areas where performance is below expectation.
- Oversee the performance management process including developing action plans and exploring means to increase collaboration between operating departments within the organisation.
- Provide guidance and support to direct reports.
Skills and core requirements:
- Tertiary qualifications in Human Resource Management or relevant discipline.
- Minimum of 10 years' demonstrated experience in human resource management, planning and reporting and managing operations within an approved budget.
- Experience in a senior level delivering proactive and contemporary solutions.
- Demonstrated success in the implementation of a people management strategy, workforce plan and operational and performance management deliverables.
- Ability to develop innovative and cost-effective ways to enhance systems and processes, while also improving the employee experience.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in a not-for-profit environment.
- Proven knowledge and understanding of disability related legislation, regulations and quality standards with a sound understanding of NDIS requirements.
- Demonstrated project management skills with the ability to manage multiple and diverse projects on time and within budget.
- Experience working within Disability Sector and knowledge and exposure to relevant Disability sector awards and industrial instruments.
- Ability to be able to relate to people living with a disability and their families.
- Provide enthusiastic and creative encouragement to those around you
- Strong attention to detail and exceptional communication skills.
- Highly developed negotiation and interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information.
What's in it for you:
In return you will enjoy working in a progressive and supportive work environment with an organisation who support equality and diversity. You will also have the support of a talented, cohesive board and will be instrumental in helping to execute an ambitious strategic plan.
If this sounds like the role for you, please click APPLY now and send through your resume and a cover letter outlining your relevant experience. Or you would like some further information please call Belinda Wiggins on 9535 9500.