Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Finance Manager is responsible for overseeing all financial activities, obligations and responsibilities of UMFC and overseeing the building facilities and light vehicle fleet that UMFC staff operate from. This role will have responsibility for ensuring UMFC is administered according to the principles of sound financial management and good governance, and that the building and vehicle assets are available and fit for purpose.
- Leadership and strategic development of the team and driving performance through insights
- Managing statutory obligations, financial reporting to the board, budgets and long range forecasting, financial positioning and leading audit requirements
- Managing assets and fleet, mitigating risk and ensuring quality outcomes
- Reviewing systems and processes, implementing change for best practice
- Supporting the leadership team to make informed decisions
- Relevant Accounting bachelor’s degree required and CPA or CA qualified would be highly regarded
- Extensive financial management experience, including advanced use of finance/ERP systems
- Ideally experience in a not-for-profit environment, with experience managing government funding contracts
- Demonstrated excellence in managing finance, accounting, budgeting, control, and reporting
- Demonstrated ability to provide advice, mentor, coach, and develop staff
You will be part of a committed and friendly team, working with a broad range of people across the community and a focus on strengthening, nurturing, and caring for the children and families. A great culture, northern Victorian location and inspiring leadership make this a great opportunity. If you are interested in the exciting role, please APPLY NOW, and send a copy of your resume together with a covering letter outlining your relevant experience or for a confidential discussion please call Leon Cutler or Belinda Wiggins on 03 9535 9500.