Our client is a highly reputable, privately owned Boutique Property Development company with diverse businesses within the group that are active across multiple sectors. Based in the heart of Melbourne, our client speicalises in Mixed Used, Land development and Apartment projects right across Melbourne and are currently seeking a "hands on" Finance Manager/Senior Accountant to join their Head Office team.
This is a broad role has come about due to an internal promotion and involves all aspects of day to day accounting, reporting, project accounting and taxation, hence they need someone who can multi-task, who has a high attention to detail, is a true team player with solid experience reporting on multiple entities within a Group structure. A proven track record in the construction industry (ideally property development), sound knowledge of Taxation, Financial and Management accounting, Project accounting, Family Trusts and strong analysis abilities would be ideal.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Managing the month end process for multiple entities to ensure compliance with deadlines
- Performing general ledger and account reconciliations
- Ensuring compliance of statutory accounts with all relevant accounting standards
- Performing monthly P&L and Balance Sheet reporting
- Preparing and analysing monthly job list reports
- FBT and BAS preparation and lodgement
- Preparation of budgets, variance analysis and commentary
- Business partnering and value adding to the operational side of the business
- Contribution towards process improvement
- Involvement in various ad hoc projects
- Supervision of a part-time Bookkeeper
- Preparation of monthly and annual management reports
To be considered for the role, you must:
- Possess formal tertiary accounting qualifications
- Be CPA/CA qualified
- Have a minimum of 5 years' experience in a similar role ideally from either construction/property development, capital investments or from a public/chartered accounting firm
- Have experience operating in a business that is diverse with multiple revenue streams
- Ideally have intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS office suite especially in Word and Excel.
- Quickbooks experience will be highly regarded!
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must have exposure to multiple entities
- Excellent analytical and numerical abilities
- Sound Business acumen and commercial knowledge
- Strong knowledge and experience covering income tax, BAS, GST and especially FBT
How you will be rewarded:
- Competitive salary package including onsite parking
- The option to work from home one day a week and open to 4 days a week if full time is not possible
- A great team culture
If you believe you are the right person for the role, then please submit your application along with a detailed covering letter indicating your employment history and how it relates to this role. Or for a confidential discussion please call Belinda Wiggins or Veronique Battour on 03 9535 9500.