Located in the Mulgrave area, our client is a highly respected company in the construction industry who specialise in suppling to residential and commercial builders. They are currently looking for an Estimator/Scheduler to start immediately, who they can train up in the role or even someone who has a few years of experience and is wanting the opportunity to grow in the role and company. This role will appeal to someone who has a passion for the building industry and who has an analytical mind.
The primary responsibilities and duties are:
- Estimating off plans and preparing quotes for a range of projects & customers.
- Daily planning and scheduling.
- Maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Ensuring scheduling stability.
- Minimising costs by monitoring.
- Building relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintaining regular contract with customers to discuss delivery of jobs/projects.
- Becoming familiar with the telephone system and handle incoming calls when required, including taking telephone orders, passing on messages & other business related matters.
Skills and core requirements
- Trade qualification or someone who has a passion for the building industry.
- Ability to read structural, architectural and engineering drawings.
- Practical and structural understanding of products and processes within the construction and manufacturing industry.
- Excellent customer service skills and who is resilient.
- Exceptionally high level of attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft office suite like Excel and SAP would be desirable.
- Neat and legible hand writing.
How you will be rewarded:
In return you will enjoy working for an innovative, company that values relationships, authenticity, personal development and transparent communication.
If this sounds like the role for you, please click APPLY now and send through your resume and cover letter outlining relevant experience. Or you would like some further information please call Ashleigh Nicholls on 9535 9500.