Our client is a highly respected global manufacturing company who supply to the building industry and are currently seeking a proven results focussed CNC Controller for their manufacturing plant in the Kunda Park area.
Reporting to the Factory Planner, the CNC Controller is critical to the production process and will be responsible for reading and interpreting design blueprints, programming the various CNC machines, and adjusting and maintaining the machine and settings to achieve the required products / outputs.
Core duties include:
- Preparing and operating the CNC machines to perform required tasks such as drilling, grinding, milling etc.
- Understanding specifications of the task at hand and the desired result by reading blueprints, mechanical drawings etc.
- Translating instructions into computer commands so the machines can perform the correct function.
- Resolving any discrepancies with project specific shop drawings with sales, engineering or customers to ensure that all products are fit for purpose.
- Supervising the machines while they execute the tasks and make any necessary adjustments to produce a better result.
Skills and core requirements
- Experience within a manufacturing environment.
- Proven experience as CNC operator.
- Computer and mechanical knowledge with a strong understanding of computer programming and CAD/CAM.
- High standards for safety.
- The ability to read and interpret mechanical documents and drawings.
- Certificate or diploma in engineering.
What's in it for you:
In return you will enjoy working for an innovative and progressive organisation offering an attractive remuneration package and ongoing professional development opportunities.
If this sounds like the role for you, please click APPLY now and send through your resume and cover letter outlining relevant experience. Or you would like some further information please call Ashleigh Nicholls on 9535 9500.