Our client is a leading consulting service who provides strong solutions based services in an array of areas including but not limited to Surveying, GIS, Civil Engineering, Development Strategy and Project Management.
Due to ongoing growth they are seeking a Design Engineer who will work closely with the Design Manager to deliver strategic goals for the Engineering team.
This role is a mix of both hands on design and project coordination. You will be employed as a Civil Design Engineer and will be responsible for the design and analysis of a broad range of land development works and infrastructure projects including road, draining, sewer and water.
You will be primarily responsible for:
- Preparing concept designs, functional layouts, estimates, specifications, tender & contract documentation and design reports.
- Provide specialized knowledge and input into designs
- Undertake rural and urban road design to AUSTROADS, MPA, IDM, Council and Vic Roads standards, including geometric and layout design.
- Prepare Sewer and water mains designs
- Prepare technical engineering reports and letters for presentation to clients and various Authorities.
- Liaise with Authorities and internal team.
- Ensure final documentation for projects is in accordance with clients' brief and statutory regulations.
The Successful Applicant:
- Ideally, you will have 5+ years' experience in land development projects including medium density residential
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) or equivalent
- Strong practical knowledge of civil engineering design and common infrastructure construction techniques
- Intermediate to advanced skills in AutoCAD and 12D
- Understanding of QA systems (preferably ISO 9001)
- Water Authority Accreditation preferred.
- Developing project management skills
- Expert knowledge of civil engineering design and common infrastructure construction techniques.
If this sounds like a role for you, please send your resume and a cover letter aligning your experience to this role or please contact Veronique Battour on 03 95359500 for a confidential discussion.
We will be reviewing resumes from the 6th of January 2020
YOU NEED TO AN AUSTRALIAN CITIZEN OR A PERMANENT RESIDENT TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE