For over 50 years, Nadrasca a community based disability service provider has become one of the larger and most progressive in Victoria, offering a broad range of services that include supported employment, training, disability support and accommodation to over 400 people with a disability.
Nadrasca, a values-based organisation which promotes a trustworthy, caring, respectful and supportive service is seeking a passionate and visionary Chief Operations Officer to provide strategic and operational leadership across Nadrasca's areas of service delivery in Community, Industry and Training. You will be responsible for the design, implementation and evaluation of innovative and individualised models of support in line with the principles of the NDIS, Nadrasca's Service Delivery Framework and the goals and aspirations of participants.
Nadrasca believes they provide a unique service offering and are looking to be a positive disrupter to the sector in order to provide exceptional support and services to their participants. Reporting to the CEO and with 3 direct reports there are five keys areas of responsibility;
- Services, Supports & Outcomes
- Organisational Development & Growth
- Workforce Planning & Culture
- Operational Performance
Core Duties include;
- Ensure that sustainable, participant focused, quality services and supports are delivered to meet the needs of Nadrasca participants
- Lead the development and implementation of Nadrasca's Service Delivery Framework
- Provide strategic advice and operational guidance to direct reports to enable them to provide professional and effective service delivery in line with defined operating plans, budgets and strategic intentions
- Provide strong leadership to all staff to ensure that they are living the purpose, values and strategic intentions of the organisation
- Operate as an expert advisor to the Chief Executive Officer, Executive and Board of Directors on all service activities, spearheading the identification and development of initiatives that will increase the strategic capacity and viability of Nadrasca's services
- Adopt a commercial and risk management lens to the development of models for the organisation operating within the NDIS environment
- Ensure appropriate change management and communication strategies are developed and deployed within Nadrasca to support organisational change and development initiatives
- Build a continual improvement culture in the organisation
- Develop and establish operating policies consistent with the Chief Executive Officers and Board of Directors broad policies and objectives and ensures their adequate execution
- A formal degree and / or other qualifications in a Human Services discipline combined with a business/commercial qualification ideally sought.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a senior management or similar role
- Proven ability to introduce new revenue streams into a business
- Demonstrate a high level of marketing skills at a strategic level through to operational application and success
- Strong track record of creative vision and development of new service offerings
- Excellent people skills, business acumen and exemplary work ethic
- Excellent verbal and written communications, planning and time management skills
- Working knowledge of data analytics and performance/operational metrics
- Proven understanding of QMS's and Work, Health & Safety systems
- Superior leadership and problem solving skills in a complex environment
- Experience in an NDIS environment ideally sought
- A high level of interpersonal skill to make formal, persuasive presentations to groups and to deal effectively with people from all segments of the community
- A strong customer service ethic
- Computer literacy with MS Office Suite
- Must hold a current full Victorian Driver's Licence
In return you will be proud to work for such a highly respected organisation who make a real difference to the lives of their participants and you will be well supported by a highly experienced and passionate Management Team.
If this sounds like the role for you. Please APPLY NOW and send your resume together with a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role including past relevant experience. Or for a confidential discussion please call Belinda Wiggins on 03 9535 9500. Please note that this role has been on hold due to COVID 19 restrictions but is now open again to new applications.