About the organisation
Mercy Connect is a leading not-for-profit Catholic organisation, sponsored by the Institute of the Sisters of Mercy, operating in the Disability sector. Delivering programs registered under the NDIS, Mercy Connect provides a range of services to support adults, children and older clients with a disability to live independently and get activity involved in their community. Many of their clients have challenging and complex needs and the Mercy Connect Team provide exceptional care and support and are united in their passion and desire to make a difference.
About the role
As a key member of the Executive Leadership team, the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will report to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and assume a strategic role in the overall management of Mercy Connect. With direct responsibility for the Finance, Information Technology and NDIS Specialist teams, the CFO will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing, and controlling all financial-related activities to safeguard the organisation's legislative and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Lead collaborative financial planning processes for the business and ensure effective planning cycles within Finance and Business Operations are aligned to the strategic directions of the organisation
- Provide financial advice to the CEO and Executive Leadership team on all strategic and operational aspects of financial management for the organisation
- Improve the organisation's financial strength through effective cash flow management and appropriate investment strategies
- Prepare the monthly and annual budgets and variance reporting, forecasts and make recommendations for improved financial performance
- Ensure annual statutory financial statements are prepared and lodged with external bodies as required
- Enusre all taxation matters are managed in consultation with external auditor / taxation advisors
- Manage risk by implementing robust financial and corporate management systems
- Collaborate with the Executive and management teams in a fair and respectful manner
- Participate in formulating and implementing the strategic and operational directions of the organisation
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including funding bodies such as the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA)
- Oversee the management of the NDIS Specialist team
- Support the ICT Manager to ensure the ICT system and network meets the needs of the organisation
- Display and encourage continuous learning and self-development to build capability and talent in an environment of empowerment, learning and support
- Qualified CA/CPA preferred
- A proven track record of organisational financial management
- Exemplary interpersonal and leadership skills
- Experience in managing ICT resources and demonstrated project and system development and management ability
- A broad understanding of the NDIS funding and billing requirements
- Experience in either community services, local government, disability, humans service or another not-for-profit organisation
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to build relationships across all levels of the organisation
- Strong customer service and work ethic.
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal direction and supervision, with a proven ability to work autonomously and within a team
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office suite
- Empathy with people living with disability
- Strong networking skills and a customer centric approach
- National Police Check and other probity checks as required
- Current driver's licence
In return you will enjoy an attractive remuneration package including full salary packaging, will have the support of an amazing team and will enjoy a more relaxed lifestyle in the scenic community of Albury.
To apply for this outstanding role please submit your resume and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role including past relevant experience. For a confidential discussion please call Belinda Wiggins on 03 9535 9500.