Immediate start on offer for an experienced and energetic Accounts/Finance Officer to come and manage the Accounts Payable and Receivable function and reporting for an exciting new project within a leading Not for Profit organisation based in the Preston area. Working on a fixed contract basis until the end of 2022 you will be part of an amazing initiative supporting disadvantaged children in within our community.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, and working as part of the Project Team you will enjoy a busy and varied accounts role whilst supporting an amazing organisation and cause.
- Process a high volume of financial transactions and prepare reports for the project team
- Process funds received and disbursed
- Manage and reconcile client and supplier accounts
- Process invoices and liaise with clients
- Process payments, prepare reconciliations and prepare and submit reports
- Successfully contribute to the overall integrity of the project ensuring all compliance and audit requirements are met with timely and quality delivery of all project aspects
- Develop and maintain important relationships with all project stakeholders and the broader team and stakeholders
- Further support the Finance Manager with other general duties as requested
Skills and core requirements:
- Degree qualifications in accounting or related sought
- Previous Not for Profit experience ideal but not essential
- Highly organised, pro-active person, with outstanding attention to detail, and high-level interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional financial processing skills for high volume financial information and records with demonstrated ability to deliver and meet strict deadlines
- Demonstrated financial acumen and customer service experience
- Previous exposure to accounting for trusts, projects and/or funding arrangements highly preferred
- Experience with MYOB and Excel is desirable
- Current and valid Working with Children check and NDIS screening check are essential
In return you will enjoy the satisfaction of knowing you are making a difference in the lives of others and you will be part of a collaborative and highly motivated team. You will run your part of the project from commencement through to completion so it is essential that you are able to commit for the length of the project.
If this sounds like the role for you, please click APPLY now and send through your resume and cover letter outlining relevant experience. Or you would like some further information please call Ashleigh Nicholls on (03) 9535 9500.