- Diversity, variety and OPPORTUNITY
- Quarantine/Quality/Bio Security
- Leading Horticultural/production nursery
We are seeking a self-motivated, enthusiastic Quality Assurance Manager who has strong focus on quality management systems, quality culture, training & continuous improvement for driving best practice.
This newly created role is suited to an individual who lives and breathes Quality Assurance, and has a proven track record in managing and maintaining a safe quality system and environment, ensuring that the quality systems are in place and being utilised by all faces of the business driving best practice in Biosecurity.
Reporting to the COO and CFO, this end to end role drives all aspects of Quality Assurance with it's primary responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Own the Quality System and foster a quality culture in which employees become actively engaged in guaranteeing quality in both production and the finished product
- Ensure quality first culture within all products
- Oversee & ensure that the business is compliant to regulatory and customer requirements including the development, implementation, review and maintenance of Australian standards and maintain Bio Secure HACCP standards, supplier requirements, NIASA, ECHORT, MSDS portfolio compliant.
- Ensure all paperwork is complete, orders processed, update databases, generate reports, test materials, update electronic dispatch board, adhere to quality assurance and compliance, spot check, volume checks, provide information and reports as required in the areas.
- Provide feedback on quality of product and service including customer complaints where required.
- Interstate travel as required for consultation & quality improvement between sites.
- Carefully maintain complaint and nonconformance processing through records and tracking systems, including root cause and corrective actions
- Document quality assurance activities with internal reporting and audits
- Develop new standards for production with improvements as needed
- Identify training needs and take action to ensure company-wide compliance
- Implement and provide advice for Continuous Improvement of the QA Management System.
- Train staff on company QA and biosecurity procedures
This role is well suited to an individual who leads by example, and who truly lives and breathes all things Quality Assurance.
A rewarding, newly created position that will grow you, challenge you, motivate you and best of all, reward you both professionally and personally -
Make a difference, implement positive change, put your innovative ideas to practice, lead by example and enjoy the enjoyment of rolling up your sleeves, getting your hands dirty and plant the foundations towards a rewarding, recognised and stable career.
Key strengths and skills required for success in this role:
- Tertiary degree (Bachelor) in a Food Science related discipline
- Previous experience in a QA management/leadership role
- Formal HACCP training with previous working knowledge of HACCP
- Excellent organization and leadership skills.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to prioritise and multi-task.
- Ability to provide team leadership, direction, mentoring and support.
- Ability to be hands on, assertive, organized and work autonomously.
- A proactive team player who assists in solving problems for the good of all.
- An honest person with a self-motivated approach and positive pep in their step.
Your history of success within a quality assurance management role and commitment to service excellence will combine to bring outstanding results and a fruitful and rewarding career path.
APPLY NOW by attaching your updated cover letter and resume or for a confidential conversation to learn more about this role, please contact Stephanie McNaughton on (03)9535 9500.