A unique professional opportunity is on offer for an experienced Manager Business Services - Tax, or an Assistant Manager poised for career advancement. This opening is a direct result of the sustained growth and expansion witnessed by a highly esteemed accounting firm, strategically located on the outskirts of the city.
In this pivotal role, you will assume a central position in overseeing a team of ten seasoned accountants, bolstered by the support of an Assistant Manager. You will be responsible for reporting directly to one of the firm's most astute and driven Partners. The package associated with this role is truly exceptional, complete with parking facilities, and, for those aspiring to the highest tiers of the profession, a potential path to partnership.
What’s in it for you?
- An above market rate salary package on offer including onsite parking
- Ample career development opportunities including a partnership opportunity for the right candidate
- 2 weeks leave over Christmas and bonus days off throughout the year
- Early finishes on Fridays and quarterly massages for all staff!
- Exposure to a high profile and diverse client base
- An opportunity to develop and maintain close client relationships
- Extensive professional development opportunities
- Opportunity to work with a high performing and fun team
- Attend to all client business needs through the provision of accounting, tax and business advisory services in a timely manner.
- Provide Tax advice to clients as required
- Manage fee Budgets and time frames for any job delegated for completion and alert the partner of any issues meeting budget or time frames
- Completion of financial accounts and tax returns for all client structures
- Review of completed jobs by accountants
- Undertake special project work when requested
- Client contact and communication as requested and on introduction to client in order to achieve deadlines and efficient turnaround of work assigned
- Management of workflow of team to achieve budgets and deadlines
- Mentoring and developing junior staff if required
- Maintain a team player attitude willing to assist others in achieving the firm’s goal of providing an excellent service to clients
- Work with partner to form close working relationship to further develop role
- Manage workflow if the partner is unavailable on leave
- CA/CPA qualifications and a relevant degree
- 3- 5+ years’ experience leading a Business Services Team as either a Manager or Assistant Manager
- A collaborative and supportive leadership style and an ability to develop staff
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A proactive and continuous improvement mindset
- Experience using APS XPA software, MYOB Tax and HowNow would be an advantage however full training can be provided