Our client is a major player in the food manufacturing industry. They are currently looking for a production supervisor to join their team at their premises located close to Moorabbin.
This role will suit a highly organised, hands-on production supervisor or someone who wants to take the next step in their career. They are looking for a leader who can mentor and coach their staff, someone who loves to be in a hand's role leading the way in assisting with issues and finding practical solutions that will not impact on the efficiency of production.
The main responsibilities of the role will include but is not limited to:
- Leading, training and supervising a team of production staff
- Production scheduling and reporting
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety procedures and maintaining rigorous food safety, hygiene and quality standards
- Documenting and implementing standard operating procedures and improvements for production operation
- Effectively managing production costs through continual review of operational improvement methods
- Managing daily production line performance
- Using HACCP and GMP principles.
- Maintain the daily safety and quality of products and report any defects to production management for improvement.
To be successful in this role you will have had solid experience in a Food manufacturing supervisory role in a manufacturing environment and will have the following skills, ability & experience:
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in a leadership role within a manufacturing environment within FMCG with baked or cold press foods
- Sound understanding of Food Processing/Manufacturing environments and HACCP
- Sound understanding of OH&S and good manufacturing practices
- Demonstrated skills/experience in leading high-performing teams
- Solid knowledge & experience driving and managing process improvement and continuous improvement
- Excellent Communication & Internal consulting skills
- Proven ability to work in a team environment liaising between production staff, sales employees, managers, suppliers and customers.
- Knowledge of warehouse systems for the management of stock of raw materials and consumables.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in completing everyday tasks.
- Ability to manage time and complete tasks in full and on time.
- Computer literate in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint and have used an ERP system
In return the company can offer a permanent position with an attractive remuneration package based upon skills and experience along with a range of on the job training and career development opportunities.
if you think this is the role for you, then send your resume in word format and please also attach a cover letter. If you would like some further information regarding this role please call in confidence Veronique Battour on 03 9535 9500.
Note - Only successful candidates will be contacted, you must have Full Australian Working Rights and relevant Australian working experience