Our Client is looking for a Quality Control Officer/Coordinator to work Monday to Saturday (6 days). This is a fixed term contract role for 12 months, with the possibility of converting to permanent.
Reporting to the Head of Quality - Manufacturing, the Quality Control (QC) Officer is responsible for ensuring compliance with all Quality requirements for the manufacturing operations.
Is Australia’s largest producer of goat dairy products with exclusive supply chain back to farmgate. Their adult goat dairy brand, CapriLac® is Australia’s leading fresh goat milk and China’s leading goat milk powder product. Our clients expertise in the dairy supply chain and state-of-art dairy and infant formula manufacturing facility provides us with production flexibility and scalability.
The products are sold in over 2,000 stores Australia-wide, including Coles, Woolworths and Chemist Warehouse, and exported to China, Singapore, Malaysia, Vietnam, Middle East and North America.
- Family Friendly entrepreneurial culture
- Fixed term 12-month contract with the view to permanent work
- Competitive salary package
- Wellness Hub with free access for all family members to life coaching support for emotional, mental, financial or physical wellbeing
- Ensure production team is adhering to all required Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), QA/QC checks and Good Documentation Practices & protocols
- To support the Head of Quality – Manufacturing & QA team in ensuring products are made in accordance with quality systems
- Assist in routine sampling and testing including Environmental swabbing in line with the company’s Environmental Monitoring program
- Assist in finished product QC checks, retention sample collection process and management of retention sample room.
- Assist the QA team in monitoring GMP, Pre-Requisites Programs and raw material approval process as required
- Actively participate in shop floor staff training for On-the-job training and other training language translation to operators
- Support QA team for instrument checking and internal calibration process
- Assist & carry out Hard plastic monitoring audits
- Monitor and Update knives register
- Assist with ensuring compliance with Standard Operating Procedures
- Assist QA team in various equipment and tools validation projects
- Be a part of ERP/SAP implementation and assist QA in challenges relevant to SAP
- Support the quality team in drafting SOPs and reviewing QMS quality procedures
- Perform CCP checks as required & support production staff for CCP daily in-process checks
- Review batch records for completeness and follow up with the production team for any issues. Assist QA team in finished product issue investigation and traceability
- Reporting and documenting elements of the “Food Safety Audit Program”. Responsible for assisting the investigation for product non-conformances / customer complaints & relevant Product evaluation support
- Responsible for ensuring corrective actions identified in response to non-conformance, audit, or review, by manufacturers and ingredient suppliers are executed and/or implemented, and ultimately signed off and documented
- Responsible for timely communication of any quality & food safety issues encountered during shift, to Head of Quality - Manufacturing and QA team
- Ability to identify insights and opportunities through analysis of data and research.
- High level organisational and time management skills
- Good communication skills – Oral, written and presentation skills. An independent thinker
- Self-motivated and driven to improve
- Excellent judgment and high emotional intelligence
- Flexibility to work in a small team and to perform other duties as may be necessary. Relevant experience in a high care food/dairy processing environment or similar role
- Knowledge of HACCP Principles (CCP’s)
- Knowledge of GMP Principles
- Knowledge of Mandarin is advantageous but not mandatory
- Degree qualified
- 5 years minimum experience
If this role sounds like you, please APPLY NOW and send your resume and cover letter outlining your relevant experience. For further information please call Veronica Steinicke on 03 9535 9500.