Our client is a highly respected global manufacturing company who supply to the building industry and are currently searching for a Purchasing Officer to join their team at their manufacturing plant in the Moorabbin area.
Reporting to the Supply and Demand Manager, the Purchasing Officer is responsible for the day to day purchasing activities and work with Operations management to ensure all purchasing activities are in accordance with policies, procedures and standards.
Core duties include:
- Ensure timely, efficient and accurate quality execution of all regular purchasing duties and administrative works
- Maintain complete updated purchasing records/data and pricing in the system
- Prepare reports and summarise data including sales report and book value
- Handling and monitoring of claims to factory and vendors for defectives, shortage, missing parts
- Monitor and coordinate deliveries of items between suppliers to ensure that all items are delivered to site on time
- Assist with sourcing and selecting for the best purchase package in terms of quality, price, terms, delivery and service with suppliers
Skills and core requirements:
- Demonstrated experience in purchasing, shipping and processes within a timber and/or steel manufacturing environment.
- Experience in a high volume / fast paced customer service environment.
- Good knowledge of production systems and continuous improvement.
- Knowledge of ERP systems will be well regarded.
- Tertiary or trade qualifications will be well regarded.
- Experience within a lean manufacturing environment.
What's in it for you:
In return you will enjoy working for an innovative and progressive organisation offering an attractive remuneration package and ongoing professional development opportunities.
If this sounds like the role for you, please click APPLY now and send through your resume and cover letter outlining relevant experience. Or you would like some further information please call Ashleigh Nicholls on 9535 9500.