An outstanding opportunity is on offer to join a highly respected leader in the disability services sector who pride themselves on being a values-based company who provide trustworthy, caring, respectful and supportive services to people living with a disability.
As a member of the Executive Team, you will report directly to the CEO, will have overall responsibility for the coordination, support and care, financial management, growth and planning of the organisation's Community Living and Day Support services which encompasses Accommodation, Day Support, Short Terms Accommodation Assistance (STAA), In-Home (Supported Independent Living) SIL and outreach support services.
Core duties include:
- Provide leadership in the development of a strategic plan for the Independence and Community areas and the expansion of supports within this portfolio.
- Develop business and work plans and a plan for integration of business units.
- Ensure agility and innovation across both programs to meet NDIS requirements and challenges.
- Participate positively, pro-actively and objectively in all Executive meetings.
- Provide support to the CEO and General Managers in ensuring that the organisation operates in a sustainable manner to meet its objectives whilst developing people across the organisation in the Community Living and Independence services.
- Coordinate the development and maturation of services delivered by Community Living and the Independence business units.
- Implement new models of service delivery in line with NDIS, ensuring regular review and adjustments as required.
- Drive growth and seek opportunities to increase market share.
- Ensure Community Living and Independence programs thrive in the NDIS environment.
- Manage all resources to ensure high quality supports within budget.
- Implement and develop systems to monitor the annual labor, capital and operating budget for all services.
- Develop, implement, monitor and report on business unit budgets.
- Develop new options to extend the service and business cases to support growth and service innovation.
- Ensure the Community Living and Independence areas meet all financial and other targets.
- Actively co-design programs and services to support participants in the NDIS environment.
- Manage the organisation's on call and after hours support service to ensure that service is delivered in line with organisational and funding requirements.
- Embed and ensure that the Co-Achieve model is active across all program areas within this portfolio.
Skills and core requirements:
- Formal relevant tertiary business/management qualifications.
- Relevant qualification in Disability or Community Services.
- Extensive experience in the provision of disability supports.
- 5 years senior practical experience in staff management across one or more of the following: accommodation, day supports, employment, planning; financial management reporting and control.
- Knowledge of Disability Services Act 2006, NDIS Act, Charter of Human Rights and other relevant statutory requirements including knowledge of NDIS developments and the ability to operationalise these into successful practice.
- Ability to be on call 24/7 for periods of time.
- Ability to work collaboratively and seek to deepen partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
In return you will enjoy working for an innovative organisation with the highest integrity and will have the support of a collaborative and high calibre executive team. This is an opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of people living with a disability and to contribute to the continued growth of this iconic organisation.
If you are interested in the exceptional opportunity, please APPLY NOW and send a copy of your resume together with a covering letter outlining your relevant experience or for a confidential discussion please call Belinda Wiggins on 9535 9500.