An exceptional opportunity is on offer for a passionate, engaging, hands on Manager to oversee the day to day operations of this highly respected Neighbourhood House located on the fringe of the CBD. The House offers a range of recreational, social, educational and vocational classes as well as morning childcare. Catering to a diversity of audiences including people experiencing disadvantage, young families, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and older adults, this organisation is a vital part of the community.
Reporting to the Board of Management you will be responsible for overseeing and managing a passionate and motivated team of staff and volunteers, engaging and networking with clients and external stakeholders and managing the organisation's community programming.
You will bring an ability to establish a warm and caring environment where participants feel safe and welcome, combined with your strong leadership skills, business and financial acumen and passion for community development. You will also be someone who can build strong networks with other organisations to share knowledge, resources form partnerships.
- Assisting with the development and implementation of the Strategic, Business, Risk Management, Facilities and Marketing plans
- Overall operational management of the Neighbourhood House, including operations of the childcare services (which include acting as a Licence Representative)
- Day to day management of all financial aspects of the House including setting and on-going monitoring of budgets, liaison with Bookkeeper and Treasurer and payment of wages and accounts
- Lead and manage a team of staff and volunteers including recruitment, supervision and performance management
- Actively consult, liaise and build strong networks with other community organisations to share knowledge and resources and form partnerships where appropriate
- Work with key staff to actively pursue business development opportunities that will contribute to the organisation's development, financial viability, profile and risk management
- Identifying funding opportunities and submission writing
- Developing relationships with business and philanthropists
- Partnership brokerage and stakeholder engagement
- Support and resource the Board and relevant Sub Committees
- Work with key staff to develop a six-monthly program of Personal Development and Community Programs that are responsive to the needs and interests of the local community
- Ideally you will have undergraduate or postgraduate qualifications in community development or a related discipline and/or extensive experience in managing a not for profit organisation
- Strong leadership skills and proven ability to effectively manage staff and volunteers
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice principles
- Exceptional interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to network and build strong working relationships with other community groups and stakeholders
- Strong financial and budgeting skills
- A proven ability to innovate and influence change
- Proven ability to write submissions and secure funding
- Understanding of Child Safe Standards and appropriate behaviours when engaging with children
In return you will be well supported by a highly engaged and committed team and Board who share common values and are proud of their contribution to the community. If you are interested in this amazing opportunity please APPLY NOW and send through a cover letter and resume outlining your relevant experience. Or for a confidential discussion please call Belinda Wiggins on 9535 9500.